Saturday, 16 May 2015

Birchbox May 2015

This is my 12th Birchbox on the monthly plan and there are definitely a few products I'm going to enjoy using. The theme this month is 'Free Your Mind' which is reflected in the box design and the addition of colouring pencils to colour in the box as you wish. I've coloured in my box a little bit; quite badly, as you can see below! It's all about decorating a 'blank canvas' in your own unique way.



First up is Parlor - Jeff Chastain which is a moisturising sea spray. It's perfect to create a beachy waves look. For the full size bottle it costs £17. Next is Number 4 - Lumiere d'Hiver Reconstructing Masque which is £36 for a full size bottle. This is a moisturising treatment for your hair to leave it smooth and strengthened. I've read some incredibly positive reviews but as the sachet is quite small to test I'm going to leave this for a pre-holiday hair boost in a few weeks!

Absolution Youth Activator Mask looks like an exciting prospect for my currently dull skin. It's a moisturising treatment to restore your skin's natural barrier against the elements and to replenish natural water levels. I'm hoping this works as well as it sounds because for £29 this would be a mini splurge worth it! Then we have Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Tinted Moisturiser in Light - £27 for full size, which was a very welcome addition. I'm a new fan of Caudalie and I've found their products to be in a class of their own so I'm sure this will live up to expectations.

A few years ago, Jelly Pong Pong had a beautiful stand at 'The Clothes Show' and I knew this would be a brand to watch out for. This Caribbean Sun Bronzer Duo in Martinique - £15.95 is a little beauty and will be great to carry around in my handbag and save space - what a bonus!

I have a lot of nail polishes and I genuinely find it hard to be satisfied with the dull colours that tend to be presented in beauty boxes. Sometimes I feel as if these must be the colours that don't sell as well and a means of getting rid of them! However, WAH London Late Nights - £9 is a pretty pink shade with a slight glimmer. This is a matte finish polish which is always makes a nice change.

Overall this month has been a good one for products that are a mix of the unknown for me and cult classics. If I'm honest, I'm probably going to cancel in the next few months. It's not that I don't enjoy the delights of mini samples I could only ever dream of having in full size. It's just that I have so many lipsticks, blushers and nail polishes - I think it's time to start using them all up!

If you like the look of the products but haven't signed up yet, here is my referral link. We will both get £5 to spend in the shop if you subscribe with this link!


Are you a beauty box fan?

Charlotte xo

2 comments:

  1. I am such a sucker for amazing packaging. I love all the thought that went into the design. I haven't done a box subscription yet. Out of everything that you've received which product or products have been your favorites ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely try one of them out for a month to see if you like them! :) That's such a tough choice! I'd say a sample of Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish as it introduced me to the brand and a beauty blender! x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment <3